Foren-Übersicht
Kalender
Autor Nachricht

<  allgemeines Forum  ~  Zwei Prog-Death-Götterbands kehren zurück!

Carcass77
BeitragVerfasst am: 27.01.2008, 19:47 Antworten mit Zitat
Admin Of The Rotten Anmeldedatum: 28.10.2003 Beiträge: 1588 Wohnort: Blackwater Park
Pestilence und Cynic sind back!

Zitat:
Quality technical metal connoisseurs and open-minded music lovers in general will be delighted to hear that Florida's legendary CYNIC have returned to creative power after a successful European re-union tour in the summer of 2007 and will soon be recording a new album, their second after 1993's genre-shattering "Focus" debut.

CYNIC founding members Paul Masvidal (guitars / vocals) and Sean Reinert (drums), who both gained reputation and praise while performing alongside Chuck Schuldiner and DEATH in the recording and touring lineup for the milestone album "Human", are currently in Sanford, Florida, working on the mix for three new demo tracks together with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, CHIMAIRA, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, DEVILDRIVER, etc.) at his own Audiohammer Studios. The three new tracks are entitled "Integral Birth", "Evolutionary Sleeper" and "Adam's Murmur", but Masvidal and Reinert have already written a full album's worth of new material and the band will use the demo to begin talks with record companies about a 2008 release.

Masvidal comments, "I'm amazed that we're here again, and that is a testament to the unpredictable beauty of the creative process. We received so much inspiration during last summer's reunion tour that a flood of new material has since poured out of us. There must be a default metal root in us from childhood that insists on being watered and loved, so we're just trying to keep up with ourselves — the CYNIC sirens are screaming inside and won't let up! Our policy has always been about surrendering to what feels most organic and staying in the flow. To put it mildly, this last year has been a creatively abundant and productive period. We're intoxicated about now and the future."

Zitat:
Dutch guitarist/vocalist Patrick Mameli has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that he has resurrected his late '80s/early '90s death metal outfit PESTILENCE with a brand new lineup, featuring Patrick on vocals and guitar, Tony Choy (ATHEIST, CYNIC) on bass and Peter Wildoer (DARKANE, NON-HUMAN LEVEL) on drums. Patrick is reportedly working on new material which he has described as a modern fusion of "Testimony of the Ancients" (1991) and "Spheres" (1993), but even more technical and brutal. The group's new album will tentatively be recorded by Danish producer Jacob Hansen (RAUNCHY, INVOCATOR) and produced by Patrick himself, and will be issued through Holland's Mascot Records.

Speaking to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding his decision to bring PESTILENCE back from the dead, Mameli stated, "It's not a reunion, because I will not be playing with any of the old lineup guys, except Tony Choy [who played on 'Testimony'], of course so...

"I always stated there WILL NEVER BE a reunion, and there won't be, since I never look back at the past and I refuse now to play with people that are not on the same musical level as I am.

"I sang on 'Testimony' and 'Spheres' (two albums later from 'Consuming Impulse' [1989]!!), so no need for [original PESTILENCE frontman] Martin [Van Drunen]. This because of the above statement I just made. Furthermore, Martin is doing other things. Good for him.

"So now you have two members that were in PESTILENCE before and one new guy.

"The reason why I bring PESTILENCE back to life is that people/fans keep asking me for this. The time is right now and Mascot is giving me the opportunity to do so.

"As you know, I have always been the driving force behind PESTILENCE, writing all the music and so forth, so that I can state: I will bring back PESTILENCE to life. More tech and way more brutal than ever before."

Quelle: blabbermouth

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.02.2008, 11:42 Antworten mit Zitat
Demon Spawn Anmeldedatum: 29.10.2003 Beiträge: 269 Wohnort: Datschiburg
Also i weiß fei ned. Für mein Gschmack is kei einzige Reunion bsonders guad gelungen. Live no eher als auf Silberling, durch die Bank weg, a Baccara-Reunion dät ma fast mehr taugen als an lauwarmen Aufguß ehemaliger Killer Combos. Aber guad, Katz frisst Mäus, i mogs ned.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Carcass77
BeitragVerfasst am: 07.02.2008, 13:40 Antworten mit Zitat
Admin Of The Rotten Anmeldedatum: 28.10.2003 Beiträge: 1588 Wohnort: Blackwater Park
Mir langt's wenn die live spielen. Ich brauch' von keine der beiden Bands ein neues Album...

BeitragVerfasst am: 19.02.2008, 21:39 Antworten mit Zitat
Messenger Of Evil and Darkness Anmeldedatum: 01.01.2008 Beiträge: 65
geilo! wird auf jeden Fall ein Auge drauf geworfen.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1
Neues Thema eröffnen

Gehe zu:  

Du kannst Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst keine Kalendereinträge in diesem Forum erstellen